Being diligent in my note-taking and email communication would ensure nothing was lost in translation or forgotten so I could check off the first two concerns on my list. But the last two items on my list were more about me feeling that I needed external support
- Writing is something I love to do: I like to document my code,
- I like to describe my pull requests, and I like to take notes on kick-off meetings.
- Not only does this help the project, it helps me in the future because I have a bad memory.
- When I am in a cafe, I see waiters taking mental notes and,
- on their way to the bar, taking even more notes, nodding, and getting it right!
- I admire their memory.
You can ask them “what are the orders?” and they tell you what every table ordered, with all the details. I can’t do that so I take notes of everything that I do, or have to do, and then I turn that into tickets, calendar reminders, or TODOs.